Why Visit Oman
- A chance to experience one of the oldest civilization in the region, where the land of Arabian nights come to life
- Romantic and secluded, Oman is perfect for honeymoon or just couples looking to get away together and enjoy the natural peace and quiet
- If you’re a bit of a shopper you can enjoy an authentic Omani experience and keep an eye out for bargain buys at traditional Arabic souks in the historic city of Muscat
- Go on dolphin or whale watching expeditions – these majestic creatures often come surprisingly close to the coast so your boat trip might not take as long as you think
- Enjoy rugged desert safaris while knowing that the comfort of amazing accommodation is never far away
Official Name : Sultanate of Oman
Head of State : His Majesty Sulthan Haitam Bin Tariq Al Said
Currency : Omani Rials (1 US$ = 0.384 OMR; 1 Euro = 0.594 OMR)
Capital : Muscat
Main Cities : Muscat, Sohar, Nizwa, Sur, Salalah
Total Surface : 309,500 km2 Religion : Islam
Time : GMT +4 Hours
Language : Arabic is the native language of the country. However, English is widely spoken and accepted as business language.
Those involved in tourism industry speak German, French, Italian & Spanish among other languages.
Credit Card : Visa, Master Card, American Express. All major credit cards are accepted in main hotels, shopping malls. However,
in traditional souqs, the cash is preferred mode of transactions.
Business Hours : Banks – Sunday to Thursday : 0800 – 1400 Hrs
Government Offices – Sunday to Thursday : 0730 – 1400 Hrs Private Sector – Saturday – Thursday : 0800 – 1900 Hrs